This is the third in my series of Summer Essential posts if you have missed out on the others you can catch up on them here.
This post is focusing on lips. To me summer is a great time for wearing a really bright lipstick but I also find that my lips can dry out a little in the summer so moisturizing lips products are also essential. So here are my Summer Essentials or lips;
- Collection Lock and Hold Lip Gloss in Break Dance – This colour looks like a bright coral in the tube however is much paler on lips. I feel that it helps to add a little colour so is great if you don’t want too bold a lip colour. I find that it lasts about 4 hours before needing to be reapplied. You can see my full review of it here.
- Topshop Mexican Wave – This was limited edition and I have only just stared wearing it. I really wish that I had bought more it’s such an amazing coral/red colour. If you can find people selling it online then I would definitely buy it or if you know of a similar colour then feel free to share. I think this is great lipstick for a bold summer look. You can see my full review here.
- Rimmel Kate Moss Shade 5 – This is one of my most used lipstick as you can probably see from the picture. this is a lovely pink shade which I feel would suit most skin tones. For me this is definitely a must have shade.
- Barry M Touch of Magic Lip Paint- This lipstick is green, but changes to pink due to the alkali level of your lips. As everyone has different levels of alkali the shade changes from person to person. For me it changes to a bright pink shade. I love this lipstick as it will suit everyone as it changes to a colour specifically for them. A quirky must have lipstick.
- Jewel by India R – I bought this from a blogger who creates her own lip balms. I have the honey flavoured one which is awesome. The lip balms are great just to moisturize you lips or if your not wanting to wear any lipstick.
Here are some swatches to give an idea of the colours, I didn’t swatch the lip blam as it’s clear and the Barry M lip paint isn’t the colour it goes on my lips (alkali level must be different)
L-R Break Dance, Mexican Wave, Shade No 5, Touch of Magic
So that’s my Summer Essentials, let me know what you thought and what your favourite summer lip colours are 🙂