I’ve decided that I would start a little series of posts called Summer Essentials where I will pick out some of the products that I will be using over the summer. I will post these every Friday for the next few weeks. This week is Nails where I will show my favourite summer nail varnishes. I will also be creating the following posts in the series, Face, Lips, Eyes, Skincare and Hair.
When it comes to summer I love wearing bright colours on my nails and here are the shades that I’ve chosen to feature in my Summer Essentials Nail post.
- L.A Colors Green Tea – This shade is pale green and shimmery. I think glittery colours look great in summer when the sunlight catches them. You can see what the colour looks like here. I usually use three coats to make the colour opaque but you can use less.
- L.A Colours Atomic – The photo doesn’t do this colour justice, in real life it’s a gorgeous bright blue/green colour which always reminds me of the sea.
- Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream – This shade is a lovely bright sky blue shade. I find that this nail varnish needs two coats to ensure that it is streak free.
- Barry M Gelly Nail Paint Grapefruit – This is a bright pink and as it’s part of the Gelly Hi-Shine range it dries with a very glossy finish. You can see what the colour looks like on nails here.
- Nails Inc Warwick Avenue – This is a pale pink and will need a few coats to build the colour up and make it really opaque. If your a fan of French manicures then I think that this would be a great pink shade for it.
- L’oreal Royalty Reinvented – This is a lovely lilac shade which I think I will be wearing a lot during the summer. The brush is wider than the usual nail polish brush size meaning that you can coat the nail in one stroke. I usually use two coats but you could definitely get away with one coat.
Let me know what you think of my first Summer Essentials post and what colours you love wearing during the summer 🙂